Wednesday, 8 August 2007

Good Golly, Miss Molly....

Hot August Nights is back in town. For those of you not familiar with H.A.N, it's a celebration of the culture, music and cars of the 50's, 60's and the early 70's. Many of the cars also hail from the 20's, 30's and up.


It's held in the Reno and Sparks areas and is basically a week long party of music, cruises and so on.















My Grandfather had a car similar to the yellow one above. It was a great treat to go for a ride in it. I remember it being a rather bumpy ride. No smooth riding suspensions in that baby and the seat was hard buttoned leather. It was my Grandad's pride and I remember many happy afternoons helping him wash and polish it.












The blue one above, gave me a little start when I saw it from a distance. I was expecting a wrathful car owner to descend on the two little *kids*. It wasn't until I got a little closer, that I realised they were a couple of dolls. It also help when I took my sunglasses off, LOL. They were rather cute and the car wasn't half bad as well.

My favourite for the day,was the 1937 Ford Oze, pictured to the below. The car was called 'Bad to the Bone' and the paintwork was awesome. Took me awhile to get some pictures as the car was surrounded by a herd of drooling men. Mind you, I was doing a fair bit of drooling myself. Wouldn't mind waking up one morning and finding that parked in the garage!!





No comments: