Saturday, 12 April 2008

Well, shucks...

The good news today, was that I didn't gain any weight. The bad news was that I didn't lose any either!

It can be a little deflating, when you know that you have stuck to your eating plan, exercised, drank your water and tracked your points. Then at weigh in time, the scale records that you are in the same place you were at last week!!

This seems to be par for the course, since I started this journey. One week I have a good weight loss. The next week I plateau and either lose nothing or just a smidgen.

I have been doing a lot of exercise, which includes walking, strength training with light weights and using a friend's elliptical trainer. However, I haven't been as good at eating all my daily points. Therein, I suspect, lies the problem. Talking it over with my WW meeting leader, I'm even more convinced.

So this week, I'm going to concentrate on eating my daily allocation of food points, all 27 of them, and see what happens. The only problem that I have with this, is I do not want to eat for the sake of eating and especially when I'm not feeling hungry. That behaviour was part of what got me overweight in the first place. It's a habit that I've been working hard at breaking.

So what do you all do, to fit in those extra points? My leader suggested a smoothie. I'm also thinking that I might double my servings of chicken, fish and other protein, as that is necessary for muscle building.

Sighhhh ... who would ever of thought that NOT eating enough would be a problem!! :-)

Cheers...

1 comment:

...to Lose 55 Pounds said...

Hi Karen. I understand your struggles to eat all your points. When I started, I had 28 and there were days when I felt like you....I didn't want to eat just for the sake of eating if I wasn't hungry. You can use regular cheese instead of fat-free or 2%. Also, depending on what kind of milk, you can up your fat content of that. If you're using skim, try 1 or 2% instead. Doubling portions of chicken, like you suggested, would be good, too.

Also, are you getting in your oils? Those can take up 1 or 2.5, depending if you use them separate or together. My favorite evening snack is 94% fat-free popcorn with 2 tsp evoo drizzled on top of it.

Good luck this coming week!

p.s. I had my husband read your post about the difference between the U.S. and New Zealand and he laughed out loud, too! =)