Thursday, 22 January 2015

All Fogged In - Skywatch Friday

On my evening walk, a few days ago, this was my last glimpse of blue sky, with storm clouds already heralding their approach...
This is how our skies have looked the last few days ... fog and more fog. I have faith that the blue sky is somewhere up there. Maybe we will get a glimpse today :-)
The beavers have been busy though, chewing down saplings for their new homes along the river bank..
I also learnt something new on my walk. This is called 'Snake Grass' and apparently if you come in contact with stinging nettles or other irritant plants, rubbing some of this grass on, helps the sting.
Go to SKYWATCH for views of the sky from all over the world !

9 comments:

Sylvia K said...

I do love your skies and even the foggy capture!! Thanks for sharing!! Hope you have a lovely weekend!!

From The Heart said...

All the photos are great..I like the foggy one!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I've always heard of "snake grass" referred to as Horsetail. Never knew it could be used for stings!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Always love the silence and mystery of fog. Lovely colours in your first photo.

Light and Voices said...

Blue skies will come around the corner but fog is more interesting in a photograph sometimes.
JM, Illinois

The Artful Diva said...

you captured so many beautiful and interesting textures here!

maryaustria said...

A great series! The sky is so beautiful!

Indah Nuria Savitri said...

pretty similar to what we have here in NYC...that foggy pic is super..

Laura said...

What a beautiful series!