Tuesday, 6 January 2015

The River - Our World Tuesday

We have had some heavy rain in Northwestern WA and as a result some of our local rivers have flooded. The Deschutes River in downtown Olympia is running fast and dirty. The hubby and I went for a walk along it's banks at the Tumwater Falls late this morning. Unfortunately I forgot my spare camera battery and ended up taking most of the pics with my LG G3 phone camera. The power of the river coming over the falls and through the rapids was awesome to watch. Lot's of broken branches and fallen trees being swept down the river. To add to the atmosphere it was quite foggy. Garth Brooks song 'The River' was playing in my head as I walked.' So don't you sit upon the shoreline... And say you're satisfied... Choose to chance the rapids...And dare to dance the tide...'
Go To Our World Tuesday For Views Of Our Wonderful Planet

6 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Cool photos of the raging waters.. I love that Garth Brooks song.. I hope things have calmed down now.. Have a great day!

Indrani said...

Wow! Dramatic captures.

Alexa T said...

So dramatic views of nature!! Have a great day of january!

Out And About Global said...

The angry rushing water just makes my stomach anxious. Water has such a powerful way of conveying it's characteristics.

lisa lewicki hermanson said...

Wonderful shots, so powerful !

Connie Smiley said...

Bet you're glad you had your phone along. I love these foggy shots, and the power of the rapids is beautiful and amazing.