Monday, 9 June 2008

Mother duck and her ducklings....

Which is a fairly good description of how I felt this morning, as I ushered my designated group of 1st Graders around the Field Day course at school.

We were the 'Blue Maple Leaves'. Each child was supposed to have a 4th Grade 'Buddy'. The 'Sunflowers' and the 'Black Bears' all had their buddies, but ours appeared to have decamped for places unknown. Despite enquiries, they remained MIA for the rest of the morning. Either some other group had extra buddies, or they'd seen sense and were lurking in their classrooms and out of the heat.

It wasn't terribly well organised, but the kids had fun. I got to be the anchor on a tug-of-war team. Us girls against the boys. Despite being out-numbered and out-weighed, we still managed to pull the boys across the line, 3 times out of 5. GIRL POWER!!!

One of the boys came up to me later and said that they hadn't pulled too hard because they didn't want to hurt me! Yeah, right kid, pull the other leg, it's got bells on ! :-)

On the weight loss front, my weight remained the same. I seem to be losing every alternate week. Oh well, as long as the scales keep going down, I'll take whatever I can get.

Cheers

3 comments:

Apple Joos said...

I think my head would explode if I was a part of something like that with an entire group of first graders that wasn't well organized. You've certainly got my respect!

Insane Mama said...

FIrst graders are fun! even if it was hectic. Congrats on keeping the weight steady, it can't come off all at once. I drink tons and tons of green tea, helps me with keeping the weight off!

Anonymous said...

Love your sense of humor (I am smiling as I type this.) Good job on the weight loss thing; keep up the good work; you're worth it!