Monday, 23 June 2008

Torturing your siblings

Mrs4444 wrote a post this morning about the torture her older brother put her and his younger siblings through, in what appeared to be a quest to eventually be a highly paid pro wrestler.

I was the eldest of five, so my two younger brothers weren't able to torture me by more physical means. Instead they became the masters of psychological torture, usually involving the use of eels.

To this day, thanks to one of my brothers, I have this fear that something is going to come out of the toilet and get me.

At the tender and impressionable age of 10, I'd just sat down on the toilet and had started to pee, when I heard this frantic splashing coming from under my nether regions. Peering down into the toilet, from between my legs, I saw this ginormous eel trying to frantically slither up the sides of the toilet bowl !

I exited the bathroom, screaming fit to wake the dead, to be confronted by the sight of my brother and a couple of his friends, rolling around the floor, laughing their stupid heads off.

We lived across from a river and at spawning time, the eels would migrate from the river, across the end of our yard and to a culvert where they'd produce their young.

As a result, my brothers and their friends would spend many a happy hour collecting eels, which would then get dropped from trees on our heads, down our backs, put in our beds and so on.

Don't you just love brothers!!

Cheers

10 comments:

JayLady said...

Just wanted to say I LOVE the new profile pic! You look HOT!

Tiffany said...

I would have died!!! I don't think I could ever receover from my toilet trauma... the 400 kids is summer camp!

Heather said...

Oh my stars, another blogger just posted about snakes in the toilet in the UK. I told her and I will tell you that I would need therapy. The thought of something slithering up and biting my "girl"!!!! I can't....no words.

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is CRAZY! Eels?? Shows you what I know, as the only eels I know about are the electric kind shown on TV; which makes this story all the more horrifying to me! Thanks for sharing your story :)

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Yuck...I think I would be needing some serious therapy :-) I have a younger brother...but he's 5 years younger...so there was really no antics. And now I have girls...who just don't do that sort of thing. Thank goodness.

Apple Joos said...

It would be a long time before I peed again.

John Deere Mom said...

OMG. And you still talk to these brothers? Seriously! I cannot imagine. I think I would have a very hard time sitting on the toilet again...

Chris H said...

My brothers (2) used to annoy me all the time when we were kids... now I wish they still could as both of them have died in horrible car accidents... I would even ENJOY eels in me loo!

Unknown said...

Oooo,,, I think I would have a phobia for the rest of my life....
I had a pretty jerky big brother.. but thank goodness his pranks didn't include eels

Vickie said...

Ugh I feel for you. I have 4 brothers so I can empathise somewhat but thankfully we lived nowhere near a river!