Thursday, 21 August 2008

Friday Foto Finish Fiesta - Meet The Kids..

It's Friday and it's a Fiesta !! At least it is, thanks to Candid Carrie ! :-)

On with the parade of old photos and happy memories.

This time, meet my four kids. Unfortunately, I have few photos left of their childhood, due to a house fire. Many of the photos that did survive, were damaged,
so I'm slowly getting them restored. The photos that remain are doubly precious..


Kyle and I taken 34 years ago. I was a 22 yr old, new Mum and he was my chubby cheeked 9 month old. I can't believe he is now 35. Five more years and I'll be the Mum of a 40 yr old. EEEEEEKKKKK !!!


I'd completely forgotten that school photos were due, so hadn't taken him in for the usual pre-photo day haircut. These days his hair looks great as he is an award winning hairdresser and by all reports, a computer geek. :-)


Shaun, aged 3 months, with his Godmother. He was such a cuddly baby.


Shaun was my accident prone child. We were very well known at our local hospital's Accident & Emergency room. He is now married and he and my daughter-in-law recently welcomed their first child into the world.


The twins, Stephen and Christina. They were about 4 weeks old here. The only way I could get them to sleep was to put them in together..


Exploring at the beach. Christina is now married with four children. Stephen is my *interesting* child. He hasn't quite figured out his place in the world yet. However I'm sure he will find his slot, sooner or later. I have faith !!!


One question that I am often asked is 'Is there a MacDonald's in New Zealand?' Now why on earth that would be the thing you would need most to know about another country, is something that I've never really figured out.

However, for those that are wondering, the above is evidence, that indeed, there are MacDonald's restaurants in NZ. This photo was taken about 25 years ago, so we have had a fairly long relationship with Ronald MacDonald and his various friends...

26 comments:

MargieAnne said...

I have loved catching up with your Blog again. I've been AWOL or at least my Lady Laptop has. I have just written my version of our relationship with American soldiers and thought you might like to check it out as it was triggered off when I read your post about Heroes.
Blessings

Suzanne said...

Karen, I love the photo of you with Kyle. You look so, so young! I love his school photo also. I'm so sorry that you lost your family photos. People always talk about what they would grab in the case of a fire and family photos is number one on the list.

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

Nancy said...

I love old photos. That first one is just precious. :) So sorry that you've lost so many - but I'm glad that you were able to save at least a few. And now they're digitized and around for even longer!

Unknown said...

Awww!! I love those pictures!! My kids are little and I love looking through their old pictures now - i can't imagine how much more I'll love it when they're in their thirties.

Your love for your kids is so evident, just in your writing about them. They are lucky to have you!

Rhea said...

I love these old pictures! Your children are adorable. I love that the twins would only sleep when put together. That's so sweet.

Thank you for sharing your family with us! I'm so sorry you lost so many photos in the fire. That would just devestate me too. :o(

Jen said...

Wonderful photos of you & your children! I just love looking back through old pictures & reliving the past. I'm so happy for you that you were able to save some of your photos... & so sorry to hear you've lost many of them. At least you have the memories in your heart... nothing can take that away!

Nik said...

what wonderful memories you have laid out for us. Thanks so much for sharing.

I love the pictures!

Susie said...

Thank goodness that these were spared in the fire! They are great memories to have of your beautiful family.

Michelle said...

Whew! I'm so glad to hear you have McDonalds! I was worried sick!

Ronda's Rants said...

Such beautiful pictures...you must treasure them!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I cannot imagine losing my pictures. Weather it's by fire. Or hard drive crash. I have become obsessed with backing things up and duplication.

Aubrey said...

Those are really special pictures. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of other family photos! Thank you for sharing!

Kelly said...

Oh my, a house fire...how tragic!! I'm happy you are able to get some of those precious pictures restored!
Your children's pictures are beautiful!!

Insane Mama said...

These are great photos! So glad you are restoring them all. I love the twins...

Rhonda said...

Oh, I so love these old photos!

Thank you for sharing!

This Mom said...

I totally love the old photos. I like the 2 in rhe stroller.

Thanks for stopping by

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Thanks for sharing and stopping by today! Loved the pictures -- Much Love

Chris H said...

O isn't looking back so neat! My eldest is nearly 30! Good old McDonalds eh? Some people overseas seem to think we all walk around in grass skirts and cook our food in a hole in the ground ... derrrr. *laughing*

Sunshine said...

I *love* these pics! I'm so sorry to hear that you lost most of them in the fire! These are indeed precious, precious!

What a great family you have there!

LOVE the one of the babes in the stroller together! LOVE it!

A New Yorker said...

Glad you were able to save some of the photo memories!

Stacy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog for Friday Foto Fiesta! You have such beautiful kids! All my husband and I have so far are dogs - hence the endless supply of dogs pics. :) One day...one day...

John Deere Mom said...

Love seeing all the photos and learning more about your family. Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Cute kids. Time flies, doesn't it. My oldest turns 41 next week!

Anonymous said...

Precious photos! I'm so envious that you live in New Zealand. I've always wanted to travel there. Even more so since the LOTR was filmed there. Yeh, I'm a geek.
Your children are beautiful. I'm sure they're just as gorgeous now-a-days...

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I love the picture of the twins in the carriage together. So sweet!
I came over from Candid Carrie's FFFF. :o)

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Oh and I forgot to say, I'm so sorry you lost pictures in a fire. How sad!