Tuesday, 23 September 2008

Look What Arrived In The Mail

I'm like a little kid, I love receiving mail. Well, not so much bills, but mail from friends and acquaintances ... you know what I mean.:-)

I think that in some ways it's a shame that letter writing and card sending has been taken over by email and other computer fueled ways of communication. In many ways it seems less personal ...

Suzanne at AT HOME WITH THE FARMER"S WIFE hosts a POSTCARD PROJECT whenever she pops off on vacation. That's something else that I'm still getting used to saying, 'Going on Vacation' instead of 'Going on Holiday'. But I digress ....

The idea is that you send her your mailing address and she sends you a postcard from wherever she may be....

Yesterday, I received this in the mail...



Thank you ever so much, Suzanne !!! It was much appreciated. :-)

Ahhhhhh ... summer holidays .....

9 comments:

Cecily R said...

Sounds like you got some Good Mail! Such a fun part of blogging, don't you think?

Thanks for coming by from SITS and commenting today!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

How fun. Real mail! And you'll be getting some real mail soon - with presents. I am about to start the matching process with our swap :-)

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

What a great idea! You can call it 'holiday' to me any time. My hubby's family is from England and I love to listen to them talk. We always tease his aunt because she doesn't say 'tuna', she says 'chuna'. And the way she says 'squirrel' cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen --

I think I remember that song, Summer Holiday, but I don't remember seeing that guy. What a cutey!

What a nice idea Suzanne had to send those post cards. But, I would think that's an idea that, if it took off and lots of people did it, could make vacation alot of work!

Suzanne said...

Oh Karen, I'm glad you got the card. I agree that it's fun to get mail other than bills and junk mail. That video is so cute.

- Suzanne, The Farmer's Wife

Lori said...

What a great idea! Keep saying "go on holiday", it's so cute. :)

Chris H said...

What a nice idea! I love getting mail too.. am awaiting your card for me 50th Birthday! LOL

Sydney said...

I LOVE getting postcards! Really I do. In fact, my mom has saved every postcard I've sent her since I was in college. She has them in a big basket on the coffee table in her living room. She also stockpiles postcards wherever she visits. So that way, she always has great photos of the places she visits. I love this idea, and hope to implement it in my own house!

Jennifer said...

I agree--it's so much fun to get stuff in the mail! There's nothing like it!