Monday, 26 May 2008

Weighty matters

Well, the numbers on the scale do not seem to be moving right now. However the inches seem to be shrinking.

I started off this current weight loss journey in a size 22, which was on the verge of turning into a 24. This week I tried on a pair of size 18 jeans and they fit!!

I still have my size 24 jeans, from two years ago, when I lost 50 lbs. Tried them on and they promptly started to slide down. In fact I was able to put them on and take them off without undoing the zipper or the button at the waist. ;-)

In the words of James Brown 'Whoa, I feel good. I know that I would, now'

Cheers

5 comments:

Pixxiee said...

Nice to see those inches melt off huh? That's just great, well done to you. I had to buy new clothes not long ago, as everything I had just looked like a sack. That's the kind of shopping I like!

Keep it up Karen (oh and I do stretch before the walking, but did a lot more stretching before on Sunday and it seemed to help!)

Anonymous said...

Having your pants slide right off your hips is a great thing indeed!

Apple Joos said...

YAY! Congrats!!

...to Lose 55 Pounds said...

Congrats on your 18s, Karen! That's fantastic! =)

Live.Love.Eat said...

Congrats!!!!! I have hit a plateau before myself and I just changed something up whether it was new foods for a week or a new exercise. You can do it.