Thursday, 21 October 2010

I'M Back Again :-)

Well...life is going well. The hubby (Jay) has been working down in Southern California since July 6Th. I'm still up here in Reno.

Unfortunately, my compute went down (still trying to figure out what's wrong) and I lost my Internet service, so my access to the net has been rather limited. Hopefully, I'll be back online in the next month or so.

The Drama Gods are obviously not quite finished with me, as there have been a couple of *moments* , since Jay left. :-)

In early August I started having severe upper abdominal and chest pain. Thought I was having a heart attack, so I called an ambulance at about 1am and got hauled off to the local hospital. Turned out that my gallbladder was badly infected and about to explode, so later that afternoon, it and I parted company. If you have to have surgery, laproscopic is the way to go. My recovery has certainly been a lot easier.

About 6 weeks after the surgery, just as I was about to be released to go back to Karate, I came down with shingles. Grrrrrrrr !!!

Shingles is something I would not wish on my worst enemy. I was lucky, in that my Dr got me started on anti-virals within 24 hours of the rash starting to appear, so it did limit the severity of the attack ...but it's still been rather painful and I hate having to take the pain killers , etc , that they have me on. They make walking, especially cornering and changing direction...interesting :-)

The really good news though, is that I have managed to lose about 34 lbs ..YAAAYY :-)

Other than all that...as I previously said ... life is pretty good. I'm thankful that all we really lost, through the whole out of work/getting him to his new job/senate game playing kerfuffle was cable and Internet. The power stayed on and we didn't lose the house. Jay is happy in his new job and I am busy sorting out the house and getting it ready for sale. If all goes well, I'm hoping to move down there in about 6 months time. By then we should know that his job is secure..

Now...all I need is my computer running again and Internet and I'll be around these parts a little more often !! :-)

9 comments:

Janine said...

It is so good to see a post from you. Pleased that things seem to be looking up and you hav gotten over your health concerns.
Good luck for the upcomign house sale and move to Southern California.

John Deere Mom said...

You've been missed. Glad you are okay!

Toni said...

So glad to hear things are getting better.

Chris H said...

So glad things are OK with you mate.
Great weight loss.
Ouch about the surgery...I had my gallbladder removed laprascopically too.. only took a few days to come right from that.
Shingles... had a round of that too... on my head! Super ouch.
Hope you are all better now.
{{{HUGS}}}

alex said...

Hey, you want to have higher page rank and more visits? Let's do a link exchange! Enter Here and follow the steps!

Anonymous said...

Thanks :)
--
http://www.miriadafilms.ru/ приобрести кино
для сайта kiwibyrds.blogspot.com

Damp Away said...

Great post. I have been searching for this exact info for a while now. I will bookmark it in my list.

qifei2012 said...

Just before this excellent being let go you will certainly have to have Tone or perhaps Adobe Photography retailer to accomplish to finish essential photos transform task Microsoft office 2010 download. Adding this kind of inside Search phrase The year regarding 2010 and beyond indicates its future you are going to detailed seriously tricky photo improving careers working with imaginative benefits,Microsoft 'office' 07, heritage moving as well as artwork effects without difficulty Office 2010 key.'microsoft office' '07 on the net presently Microsoft office 2010. Office 2010 download

circulation booster in the UK said...

I was just surfing around and got this post. I must say it was really very interesting post. I found your blog very nice and that's why I have saved it for the future visits.