Friday, 12 September 2014

Skywatch - Life in WA



Moved up to Washington State just over a year ago. Feels very much like I moved home to New Zealand. I love the green, the trees and YES, even the rain !! It's lovely to have four distinct seasons again. Sure we do have more than our share of rainy and cloudy days, however it gives you an appreciation of the sun, when it decides to appear. Despite what many will tell you, the sun does makes it's appearance quite frequently :-) I love this time of the year, early Autumn, when you wake up to a foggy landscape, however by midmorning it has burnt off to reveal blue skies and soft sunshine. I need to get my SLR sorted out, because there are pictures just aching to be taken!!!
A little church in the small town of Roy, just a couple of miles from where I live. Love the green and the blue skies..
The local bar and dancehall in Roy ... it's only open a certain times of the year, such as the Roy Rodeo..
Mt Rainier on a clear day with blue sky and a couple of tiny clouds :-) Rainier is a active stratovolcano and is overdue for an eruption. It is also considered one of the world's most dangerous volcanoes, being one of the 17 volcanoes that are on the Decades Volcano list. I live fairly close to the mountain, however, from looking at the maps of where the lahars will go when the mountain erupts again, it looks as though I should be safe. One has to think positively, correct? :-)

Go to SKYWATCH for views of the sky from all over the world !

10 comments:

Diane AZ said...

That town looks very charming. I've never been to Washington State but I know I would also love the green, the trees and rain!

Small City Scenes said...

Very nice Church. I like the old style. I too live in Washington and have all my life and LOVE IT!!! New Zealand has always been on my list of places to visit and love.
MB

TexWisGirl said...

no doubt, a beautiful area. :)

Anuradha Shankar said...

you seem to live in a beautiful place!! i especially love that first photo! as for the volcano, well, as you say, think positively and hope for the best! have a great weekend!

Ruth Kelly said...

Great shot of Mt. Rainier - I get annoyed that power lines get in the way when I take photos of the mountains but sometimes, we have no choice.

Alexa T said...

Beautiful aspects from Roy!! And the mountain Rainier as a panorama: it looks so calm with lots of white snow on high peaks.. Lovely post and captured aspects, indeed! Thanks for sharing them and, also, for the visit by my blog!

Joyful said...

Nice area where you live. I love mountain (and sky) photos ;-)

Al said...

Very beautiful - I love Washington.

It's interesting that you talk about martial arts in your profile, as I took up Aikido a couple of years ago.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Yes, always think positive. And should Mt. Rainier ever blow, continue to think positive as you haul yourself out of there. It's been quite awhile since I've been in Washington. It's one of my favorite states. Bet you're having loads of fun exploring your new home. :-)

Anonymous said...

Lovely shot of Mt. Ranier. I've heard so many positive things about the Pacific Northwest since I started blogging. I would never have imagined that type of climate there.