Thursday, 1 January 2015

Mt Rainier and Clouds - Sky Watch Friday

I know, Mt Rainier was my subject last week :-) However, it's been so much fun playing with the camera and I haven't had much opportunity to go further that walking distance from home and Mt Rainier has been visible!! :-) I live about 46 miles from Mt Rainier National Park, but the mountain is big enough to dominate a large part of our skyline...
When I first looked at this photo, on my computer, when I got home, I thought that perhaps I'd had a bit of dust on my lens as there was a spot above the right flank of the mountain. Then when I enlarged it, I realized it was a small plane .. you can just see the wheels, etc. Interesting what you can catch that you don't see when you are taking the photo. :-)
Clouds swirling around, heralding an incoming storm .. Happy New Year, All :-) Go to SKYWATCH for views of the sky from all over the world !

13 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Just about all that needs to be said....is....WOW

eileeninmd said...

It is awesome view of Mt Rainier and a lovely sky.. Beautiful photos. I wish you and your family a happy, healthy New Year!

Jutta.K. said...

Great shots of a great landscape !
I come visiting you from Skywatch
Greetings from Germany

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I agree... WOW, beautiful shots!! Happy New Year.

Al said...

Mt. Rainier is always a worthy subject - I love that first photo with the plane. Happy New Year!

Linnea said...

Seeing Mt. Rainier lets you know that you're home! Those are very clear shots. Happy new year and here's to another great year of skywatching!

Anonymous said...

Pretty shots, the cloud formation is great.

Leovi said...

Wonderful snowy mountains, beautiful pictures. Happy 2015 !!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shots!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

If that was in my backyard, I would focus on it too!!!...:)JP

Vasudevan said...

Beautiful photos. Good to be living next door to this wonderful mountain.

NatureFootstep said...

beautiful mountain and sky. :)

Kay said...

It's breathtaking to see Mt Rainier on a clear day. Your photos are lovely Karen!
Kay