Monday, 13 April 2009

Go Forth Woman And Get On Yer Bike !!

But ... do not overdo it, especially when you're just getting back into the exercise thing !!

Yesterday, I walked about 1 1/2 miles up to this field so I could photograph some Yellow Bellied Marmots, that live there and then I walked home again. About 3 miles in all.

Then I biked over to a friend's house, who is away for a couple of days, so I could feed their dog, then I biked home again. About 4 miles in total.

Then we took our dogs for a short walk..

This morning I'm feeling it !!!


Meet my pretty pink lady.

I haven't named her yet, any suggestions ??

She's a girl's bike, 'cos I'm short and I have short legs! :-)


She's a little bit fancy, with dual suspension.

That means she has this suspension spring here and also some in the front forks ... which makes going over bumps, etc ...very nice..


And best of all, it has a lovely, big, comfortable seat, with these gel insets. Very cushy !!

In fact, this morning, my bum is about the only part of me that doesn't hurt !!

However, perseverance is the key and I know that I will eventually get back to the fitness level where stiffness, after exercising, will be fleeting.


Not that I'm going to be climbing mountains anytime soon, but you get the picture :-)

8 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

I admire your resolve, and all that exercise you've been doing, and your beautiful pink bike. No idea about name, sorry. Maybe one of your other comments will come up with something as cool as your bike :) Fun post to read!

Chris H said...

How about "Pinky"? lol
Cool photos.
Well done on all the exercise too.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Pretty! I recently rode a bike for the first time in years...and it HURT!

nonizamboni said...

Good for you! And I know all about the zeal when the sun comes out and the next day's pain...Glad to know you also name inanimate objects; I just named our new car (its been over 20 yrs. since we had a NEW one) the fair Bianca because its a shiny white color.
Keep up the good work :O)

MargieAnne said...

That's exactly like the bike I want.
Pink Lady sounds fine to me.

I think we'll be in your neck of the woods around June 26th and again July 12th. If you can bear to have coffee with a couple of kiwis would love to meet up.

Mrs4444 said...

Pink Thunder?

Christina, Sweden said...

good-looking bike
Istn't Pink Lady the perfect name ?

Jen said...

Sounds like you had quite the workout! I love your new bike... it's beautiful!