Monday, 27 April 2009

Weighty Matters Monday #5

Ahhhhh ... I'm happy. I lost 2 lbs this week. :-)

I think I need to eventually buy a better scale though .. as this one weighs in .5 of a lb increments. The other scale that I have, which weighs in .2 of a lb increments, is wildly inaccurate.

I did better this week at tracking what I ate and I think that made a big difference.

I've also worked at keeping my fluid intake up. I've notice that staying hydrated makes a huge difference in my energy levels. Now that the hot weather is upon us, staying hydrated becomes really important.

Back at school this past week, after a month long Spring Break.

A little bit nervous, as a number of our kids went down to visit relatives in Mexico during the holiday.

As you've probably heard on the news, there has been an outbreak of Swine Flu in Mexico.

Needless to say, I am washing my hands well !!!

Aims for this week, other than losing weight :-) .... keep on with the food tracking, water intake and getting exercise in !

And ...to answer that million dollar question that Americans keep asking me..

Yes, there are McDonald's fast food joints, in New Zealand ... :-)

And ... like here in the US, they are not good for your diet..

However, they do have the McDonald's Kiwiburger, which you won't get here. :-)



8 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats on another 2 lbs!

Chris H said...

- well done on the loss
- they don't do Kiwiburger anymore.. which is a shame cos it was the only one I liked!
- we have the swine flu here now... some school kids from here went to Mexico on a trip and came back with it. And all the people on the plane with them are in quarantine now.

Melissa B. said...

Hmmmmmmm...find it hard to wrap my smallish brain around the idea of a kiwiburger. Is it made with the little green fruit, or what? You are to be congratulated for your weight loss. Bravo!

KB said...

Often we feel hungry when we are actually dehydrated. Another good reason to stay hydrated. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Unknown said...

Hey 2 lbs is just awesome! you're on you're way! I dunno if you care or not but I also have been trying to lose 76 lbs - so close to the same goal. :) I started in January and have lost 39 lbs so far. :) We'll have to keep in touch and spur each other on!

Martha said...

Congrats on the loss! I want a kiwiburger right now, looks yummy :-)

Jossie said...

Kiwiburger is a standard burger, tomato, lettuce, onion etc plus pickled beetroot and an egg. Not my favourite! I'll stick with a Big Mac!

Anonymous said...

I love the New Zealand commercials, Karen. And once I got there, I even watched one from Quebec! The New Zealand one's were much easier to understand, and alot more fun! :)